Equality Act Policy
We have adopted a Policy and through our action plan continually review and seek to improve our provision in this regard. The new General Duty replaces the three existing public sector equality duties for disability, race and gender. It covers all protected charcteristics and has three main aims requiring public bodies to have due regard to the need for:
1. Eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and other conduct that is prohibited under the Equality Act 2010.
2. Advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
3. Foster good relations between persons who share a protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
We are committed to:
– Dealing with and eliminating prejudiced based incidents
– Closing the gap in attainment for all children
– Engagement with local communities
– Policies and practices that promote equality and address inequality.
Please find our statutory policies here –